Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Son

My son is has been a man for quite awhile and yet he still feels like my child in every way. I continue to give advise and want to protect him at every opportunity. He has shown such strength as we faced this surprising turn in our lives.

This morning, even though I told him last night that Jay was taking me to the Dr. insisted on coming with Jay and I to the oncologist to hear the news. He never seemed to break yet I knew he was extremely nervous about the potential outcome. His sense of calm has calmed me to the point that I was not worried about him, he would be able to handle the news.

As he woke this morning he told me that he just couldn't sleep last night. I could see the worry in his eyes as he entered the doctors office with us. He is a typical man who holds himself strong yet I can tell from his endearing hugs that he is soft and so loving. His hug can wipe away my every care. His heart is so gentle and I can feel his love so easily. He has a wonderful sense of humor which often hides the pain he is in. As we left the Dr. he too felt that time was on our side but he does not underestimate the road I will face. He will be with me and continue the journey with attentive love and compassion for my needs.  I love you Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment