Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Blessed Day!

I woke this morning with butterflies in my stomach, my Dr. appt. had been moved forward from Thursday to today, Tuesday at 11:20. I cried as I hugged my husband Jay, thinking of my children mostly should the news be the finding of a tumor. We all knew that we were faced with 2 different scenarios. If they had located a tumor, it would mean that the cancer had metastisized to my bone marrow and bones which was not good meaning that the prognosis would be shorter time and no suggested treatment. The second scenario held much greater hope for us all! Even though Multiple Myloma was considered to be a terminal cancer, the life expectancy was greater and treatments were many.

Who would have thought that I would be jumping for joy as the Dr. told us there was no tumor and it was Multiple Myloma! A sense of relief entered a hope of time which answered all of our prayers. Earlier in the week, I had changed my prayer to time.... I wanted God to give me time to do his work, to live a life with him in that driver seat. To share my love with others and unselfishly serve our Lord.

God has blessed me once again and I feel a stronger challenge than ever as I feel the need to stay this course, to not forget his grace and to keep moving in a direction of prayer and strength. The road will be difficult as the pressure has been lifted and I cannot falter to complete my work.

I love all of you who have prayed with me, who have expressed the change that this has brought to your own lives. None of us knows when our time will come and none of us should take a single day for granted. Yesterday, I had a toilet break which leaked into our pergo and through the wall to the bedroom carpet. Yesterday, that didn't seem to matter much because I had my life on the line. Today, I promise to not stress over a toilet, knowing that it is just something that happens in the process of living. I will simply get it fixed and utilize my energy in other ways.

Even though I have some relief for now, I will not forget these things....I pray to continue this journey and keep the Lord in front of me to guide me as I go. Love to all of you! Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment