Monday, October 25, 2010

My Mom

As I blog each time, I will tell you about someone special in my life. My Mom is an incredible person. She had 6 children but always said that her and my Dad, who passed away a little over 2 years ago, wanted 12. She is a mother through and through. There has never been a time in her life that she didn't put us first.
I pray for her today as she too faces health issues and has for several years. I have been fortunate as I have been living with her for the past 5 months. When I came home a couple of weeks ago, it was only for a one week vacation to see Jay and my own children. Unfortunately, my plans changed. My car, clothes etc. are still at her home and she waits for my return.
My Mom is struggling with this news as we all are but her struggle is unique. For any of us who have children of our own, you know that losing a child is the absolute most threatening thought that we can have. She is feeling that threat which I completely understand.
I pray today for her to continue to develop a sense of peace, knowing that I have her on this side and my father, who I also loved dearly sitting beside me on the other. Mom and Dad were married for 57 years and she has handled his loss quite well, however I can't imagine how hard that must be on a daily basis.
She encourages me to take things one day at a time and prays for me always. We have been very close over the years and have developed a deep love, understanding and friendship as we've shared most every feeling we have.
 I am and will forever be grateful to both my Mom and Dad for providing us with a life filled with good examples of love, family unity and kindness. I have a wonderful family and that is because they showed us how to live. When my father passed away I spoke of how my parents really never fought in front of us or said cross words to each other. They showed us how to love, respect each other and to be responsible. Life was always pretty black and white which left us, as children, with little question as to "making the right choices in life!" Having this type of example set for you daily is what has made our family unit so strong. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful Mother and Father and feel their arms around me every minute of every day!
I love you Mom and pray for your health. I have started my day in prayer with you and will have a great day today and I am praying for you to have a wonderful day as well. Love you always! Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment