Monday, November 1, 2010

Update; Monday, Nov. 1

OK, the bone marrow biopsy was done last Thursday and this morning I will be getting a port installed in my chest for chemo and bone medicine. The plan with Dr. Rao (Texas Oncology) is to get the biopsy results to better assess my stage, she is thinking stage 3 and although pretty advanced, she has seen much worse.

We will meet with her tomorrow, Tuesday afternoon, and discuss our plan of attack. She would like to begin treatment tomorrow as well. Jay and I will discuss the Institute in Arkansas with her as well at that time. We are still wanting to get a second opinion on all of this to make sure we have the best plan in place as we know that complete remission, at least for a period of time is not only possible but happening to Myeloma patients with a high level of percentage and we want to be one of those statistics.

I have a good friend, Kim, who worked for my old job who lives in Little Rock and has offered to care for me and let me live with her should I need that. Shelly's friend, who I have yet to talk with, can get me into the Institute quickly, his daughter is on the cover of their brochure, so I am fortunate to have so many out there talking and spreading the word to help me as I make these tough decisions.

Jay is wanting the best for me and although he would be sad to have me in Arkansas, he wants to care for me, he knows that we need to do what is best and realizes that God will also provide us with the right answers in regard to this.

I will post again on Wed. to let everyone know where we are at. Love to you all and keep the prayers coming, I feel you all around me!!!! Love, Susan

1 comment:

  1. I hope the port doesn't hurt too much :( I'm scared for you. But I know you're strong (and will love the grogginess after surgery today haha). I'll be with you tomorrow and am anxious to hear what Dr. Rao says about the Arkansas center.

    Jay isn't the only one who will miss you...we all will.

    ReplyDelete