Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 1 in Arkansas

We arrived at 6:30 pm on Thursday night and stayed with friends up here in Arkansas with an appointment the next day at 7:30 am. Much to our surprise, we arrived to find a fully scheduled day of tests and mtgs. Our day began at 7:30 am and ended last night at 9:36 pm. I had 32 vials of blood drawn, another bone marrow biopsy that had to be done twice since they did not locate M-Spikes in the first one which is what they need to get for the genotype which will pinpoint exactly my DNA profile and tell us what is going on. I also had an EKG, Echo-Cardiogram, and a 2 and a half hour MRI without and with contrast. Finally they did another MRI type of full body test which I can't recall the name. It was a long and grueling day and I was exhausted. We also met with nurses, insurance people etc.

I do believe that we will get a FIRM diagnosis when this is complete which will come next Thursday on my Birthday, go figure! I have no tests today, tomorrow will do a 24 hour Urine test all day and take that to the hospital on Monday morning. We have fulldays on Monday and Tuesday, nothing on Wed. unless any tests need to be repeated and will see the Dr. on Thursday for results and suggested treatment plan.

Jimmy and Jenna will drive up here on Wed. night and stay with us to go to the Dr. with us on Thursday. We are all anxious to get a better picture of what is going on and how advanced this disease is. Please continue with your prayers as I am and I will try to give you an update next week. Love to all. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment