Friday, December 17, 2010

Faith Makes Things Possible, Not Easy

Hello Everyone,
As we near the holidays, and the birth of Christ, I am reminded of each of you and the Love I feel for all of you who have given your time to pray for me. I continue to feel well as Jay and I head to San Antonio to see his parents and 2 of his brothers and their families. We will also stop in Austin on our way home Sunday to see his son Marc and Stanzie, they are expecting our first grandchild!

A good friend, Sis, brought me a gift which had the above quote written on the frame. What a beautiful statement! Her daughter, Shea, was involved in a car accident many years ago but continues to struggle with health issues, blood clots right now. She is so young and beautiful and this constant stress is taking a toll on her and her wonderful family. As I leave today, I am asking that all of you shift your focus on her for prayer as she so deserves the healing.

I have been so blessed and feel the power of your prayers each day as I just know that God is hearing, and answering them per his plan. I can't begin to tell all of you how wonderfully blessed I feel for having been diagnosed and yet given this challenge to be patient as I listen and follow his direction for my life. I am forever changed and yet feel nothing but peace at what will come. It is truely a GIFT to let go and follow, which has never been my strong suit!

Please be safe over the holidays, keep the things that are truely important in the forefront of your lives and let the people you love know how important they are to you! Forgive those who hurt or offend you and be compassionate to those who do not feel the blessings we have. Remember that even in our darkest hour, there are many more who are feeling greater pain, anxiety, saddness or depression and we can be the source to lift their load, even for a brief moment. Smile and breathe in the sunshine and air showing God how greatful you are for each and every day that we are given.

My Mom will be here next week to spend Christmas with us and my sister will arrive from California the following week. We plan to spend New Years with one of my brothers in Oklahoma, God willing! To all of those who are graduating this weekend, Tricia and Max especially, may God bless you and find you much happiness in life!

Happy Holidays! Love to all. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment